Peppermint Mocha Cookies!
If you haven't gotten to try out our Peppermint Mocha spoons, you are missing out (grab them here). Candy Canes and help amp up your taste buds, and make the delicious chocolate and coffee taste richer and fresher with each sip. We saw this recipe on the USA Today website and it reminded us of our Peppermint Mocha spoons, minus the Jack O'lantern. It's from Sally McKenney, (Sally’s Baking Addiction) and we had to share it!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of Catfight Coffee (flavor to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini or regular-size semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 large candy canes, crushed
In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter for 1 minute on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy. Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat on medium-high speed until fluffy and light in color. Beat in egg, vanilla and peppermint extracts on high speed. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.